Sunday, February 28, 2010

JOSH TOULOUSE SMASH!

I'm an adult on the Youth Ministry Council for the Trinity Brazos Area, which is just a lot of words saying that I help the high school youth on the council plan and execute the CYF (high school age) events for the TBA.

Our first event with this council was Fall Retreat in December, and Adam (another adult on the council) decided we needed a more creative way to present the rules for the events. I agreed, and as the person on the council with a film degree, and the only one with an awesome Canon XL-2 video camera, I agreed to help put together a rules video using a bunch of Adam's action figures.

We shot the first one the night before the event was going to begin, leaving me little time to edit it, and so I'm not in love with how the first one turned out, however, the idea was funny enough, and it went over very well with the youth, plus it was a ton of fun to make, and that is really the important thing.



For the second video, for Mid Winter which was this very weekend, we shot it on the Monday before which allowed me all week to edit it, and therefore I am much more excited about the finished product.



It was over twice as long which meant that I had to split it up for YouTube, so the outtakes, which at the retreat were shown with the video, are here in their own video.



Again we had a lot of fun getting together to shoot the video, and although it was a lot of work, I really enjoyed editing the video, and again, the youth really enjoyed it, so overall, the project has been a great success.

I also really enjoy the fact that there is a major storyline developing throughout these videos, and I have already begun work on the story for the culmination of what will be the Rules Video Trilogy, with the final video debuting this summer at CYF Conference.

I'll post it here afterward.

Remember, Follow the rules or JOSH TOULOUSE SMASH!

No comments: